Ayuda al Consumidor!

Landlord-Tenant laws and information – Georgia Landlord-Tenant Handbook

501 (c)(3) help – Alliance for Justice

Tax info on nonprofit organizations – Guidestar
Business complaints - Better Business Bureau
Campaign finance – State Ethics Commission
Complaints against professionals with licenses – GA Secretary of State, Professional Licenses
Consumer financial issues – Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Debt – CredAbility
Disabled persons with medical debt – Friends of Disabled Adults and Children - (770) 491-9014
Elder abuse – Adult Protective Services (APS) – 1 (888) 774-0152 or (404) 657-5250 in Metro Atlanta
Emergency residential housing for women/children in Fulton Co. – The Drake House – (770) 587-4712
Energy issues – Consumer Energy Program (a Georgia Watch program), Save Money and Energy (Georgia Power earthcents), Ways to Save on Your Energy Bill (Georgia Watch flyer)
Family/children aid – Families First
Foreclosures – Hope Now, HomeSafe Georgia
General consumer inquiries – FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection, Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs
General legal inquiries – Atlanta Legal Aid, Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation (AVLF) , State Bar of Georgia, Georgia Legal Services, National Consumer Law Center,  DeKalb Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, DeKalb County Family Law Information Center, Fulton County Family Law Information Center
Government ethics – Common Cause
Health care for the uninsured or underinsured – Georgia Free Clinic Network
Hospital complaints – Office of Regulatory Services (DHR)
Hospital pricing – Vimo
Identity theft – ID Theft Center
Insurance consumer division – Department of Insurance (Consumer Services)
Medical inquiries – Composite State Board of Medical Examiners
Phone solicitors – National Do Not Call list
Nursing home, long-term facility complaints – Georgia Ombudsman
People with disabilities – Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities
Predatory lending – Attorney General’s office – (404) 656-3202
Rehabilitation – Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation – (706) 655-5304 or (706) 655-5000
Securities – Georgia Secretary of State
Temporary housing for families – Homestretch
Used car dealership disputes – Georgia State Board of Registration of Used Motor Vehicles
Utilities assistance – Georgia Community Action Association , Atlanta Gas Energy Assistance , Directory of Community Action Agencies
Utility complaints – Public Service Commission
Wages and hours labor (Atlanta) – US Department of Labor Atlanta District – (404) 893-4620