Are your energy bills too high?
Are your energy bills piling up? Do you find yourself wondering how you’re going to pay all of your bills and buy groceries? Are you keeping your home at an uncomfortable temperature? If you would like to learn more about how to reduce your monthly energy bills, come join us at this FREE Energy Equity Forum.
Date and Time:
Saturday, October 7th
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Food will be provided.
Southwest Georgia Regional Commission
181 E. Broad Street
Camilla, GA 31730
How can you lower your energy bills and strengthen your community?
Join us to learn:
- Practical changes you can make at home as well as programs you can participate in to lower your energy bills.
- Energy saving options, like energy efficiency and solar, that have the potential to both reduce your energy bills and bring exciting new job opportunities to your community.
Who should attend?
Community members, utility representatives, advocates, and policymakers interested in advancing energy saving options will participate. You will have the opportunity to engage them and learn how you can help create equitable and accessible energy saving programs.
The program partners are also excited to release Keeping the Lights On, a consumer guide and policy paper exploring why energy equity matters in Georgia! Physical copies will be available at the forum.
Breakfast (10am – 11am)
- Facilitated Discussion: What is Your Energy Story?
- Welcome / Opening Remarks: What is Energy Equity?
Q&A: Energy Efficiency and Georgia (11am – 12pm)
- Energy Efficiency is for Everyone: Understanding Energy Efficiency
- Accessing Energy Efficiency: Energy Efficiency and Weatherization for Low-Income Families
Lunch (12pm – 1pm)
Speed Dating and Networking Session (1pm – 1:30pm)
Practical Tips: How to Save Money on Your Utility Bills (1:30pm – 1:45pm)
Q&A: Georgia’s Growing Solar Economy (2pm – 2:45pm)
- Solar is for Everyone: An Overview of Accessible Solar Programs
- Local Perspectives: Solar in Southwest Georgia
Closing Remarks and Next Steps (2:45pm-3pm)
Featured speakers include:
- Chairman Joe Bostick – Mitchell County Economic Development Authority
- Randy Weldon – Southwest Georgia Community Action Council
- Alex Trachtenberg – Southface
- Quentin Anderson – Groundswell
- Berneta L. Haynes – Georgia Watch
- Jill Kysor – Southern Environmental Law Center
- Dawone Robinson – Natural Resources Defense Council
- and more!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.